No Harm in Yarn

Can't we all just knit along?

6.20.2008

Bee Sweet

I'm not dead. I'm designing a pair of socks for Ravelry's Sock Knitters Anonymous June Sockdown project. They're taking forever. Everything has to be just right, you see (My husband claims this is one of my less endearing traits. What?). So I knit, then I frog. Then I knit, and then I frog. Finally, I'm nearing the toe and I'm satisfied with the design. That means pictures!

Bee Sweet Bee Detail
Bee Sweet Sock in Progress

"Pay no attention to the dog hair behind the curtain." ( or, on the sofa. Well, it's on the curtain too). I dyed the yarn so that I wouldn't have to go out and buy 4 full skeins of different shades, and I really wanted the bees to be a variegated yellow for dimension (control freak).
I knit a picot cuff, did the bees in intarsia (my first real attempt), placed little lace "beehives" between the bees, and knit a honeycomb pattern over the body of the sock. The honeycomb pattern is basically a rib, so the socks are "clingy" too. I like a clingy sock.
I plan on publishing the pattern at some point, but I should really finish knitting them first.
I'll keep you posted!

4 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Those are so cute! If they were knee socks, you could call them the bees knees. Sorry, I'm a dork sometimes. lol

2:38 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm a dork all the time AND I thought that was very funny!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Lea in Roswell, GA said...

I just happened to find your blog and those are the cutest socks I've ever seen!!! Please let me know when you publish the pattern. I wanted socks to be my next project and those are perfect for my daughter, Quinn!
Lea

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

I just ran across your blog. I adore these socks. Can hardly wait until the pattern is finished.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home