No Harm in Yarn

Can't we all just knit along?

4.19.2008

A Strange Occurrence at the Local Home Depot

Have you ever seen someone you know do something unbelievable, and luckily they didn't notice you were there? Well, here's a strange little story...
(This has nothing to do with knitting, by the way. I'm going to tell the story here on my little blog, because to tell anyone in my neighborhood would be mean and gossipy. This way no one gets hurt and I get to tell the story)
Okay. There is this woman on my block who does things to upset all of the neighbors. She'll tell someone to move their car because it's been in the same spot for 24 hours(street parking, mind you). She asks her immediate neighbor to cut down her ornamental grass because it is making the value of her own home depreciate. She takes pictures of the only black family's house for "evidence" because she is convinced they are drug dealers(it's really the "nice" white family directly across from her, if she would pay attention). She has never bothered me, and I know everybody has one in their neighborhood. Anyhow, she needs another hobby, right?
Well, today the Hus and I were looking for stuff in the Home Depot garden center, and I decided to look at the plants near the entrance while he was waiting in line to pay. I saw this neighbor and her husband loading all kinds of plants and a tree into their truck at the curb. I was behind a wisteria on a tall trellis, so she never saw me. An employee comes dashing out and asks to see her receipt, and she says "No! I don't have it". The husband, however, did. Apparently she told one of the nice young men from H.D. that the tree was hers and asked if he could load it into the truck, but never paid for it. The employee grabs the tree while she's calling him all kinds of names, and her husband proceeds to say "If you ever pull a stunt like that again, I'll kill you". Do you know how glad I was to be standing behind the wisteria? I was actually mortified for her.
I know about 20 people on the block who would love to hear that story, but I won't tell them. That's why I told you... er, or my blog. Now I won't feel the need to blurt it out when I chat with the gossipy neighbors. Ahhh! That's better. Thank you!

Knitting? Oh, yeah! I am onto the foot of Jeanie Townsend's Maple Leaf Sock, knit in Cherry Tree Hill's "Java" Supersock. It's much prettier when it's on a leg because the "leaves" open up under the tension.

Maple Leaf Socks in Progress

I've gotten 16 repeats of the Myrtle Leaf Shawl from VLT done.

Myrtle in Progress
It would seem that there is a leaf theme here. Hmmm.

Anyhow, friends of ours just adopted the cutest little boy and we all went out to dinner last week. Here's me and David!



I think I'm in love!

3 Comments:

Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Wow, what a story! It would be bad enough to witness something that uncomfortable if it was someone you didn't know, but for it to be a neighbor!

I love that sock pattern, and gorgeous color!

And what a sweet little guy! So cute.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

on top of all her meanness, she's a thief? your neighbor's baby is so handsome. :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

He's even cuter in person. You just wanna fall into those eyes!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home