No Harm in Yarn

Can't we all just knit along?

11.01.2007

Hallo-weeners!

I hope everyone had a happy Halloween! My husband and I carved pumpkins, got spooky, and gave out 5 pounds of candy. It was awesome!

Halloween 07

The Millers Halloween 07


My doggie even got dressed up!

Momofly

I made the most awesome baked pumpkin seeds too. Usually I use Worcestershire Sauce, but we were out. So I did this:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Clean "guts" off of the seeds and let them sit in cool water for 30 minutes(I did this because I had 5 things going at once. It may not be integral to finished snack). Melt 2 Tablespoons of margarine or butter and add 3 shakes of salt. Drain the seeds and coat them with margarine mixture. Spread them onto a cookie sheet and try to keep them from overlapping too much. I know it's hard because they're slippery little devils at this point. Shake Parmesan cheese over seeds and bake in the middle of the oven. Flip seeds at the 30 minute mark. They should be toasty brown in about 1 hour. Cool and eat!

I'm glad I improvised! They're yummy!

Happy Halloween!

1 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Mmm, gonna have to try that recipe. We LOVE pumpkin seeds. You guys look great. 5 lbs. of candy? Wow!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home