No Harm in Yarn

Can't we all just knit along?

6.06.2007

Firefly Sky Socks

I know I'm goofy (so does everybody else), but I look forward to "lightning bugs" every year. I know they show up sometime in June, but I start looking for them at the end of May. There are fewer than there were when I was a little kid, but they're still magical. So, I knit these socks with little green beads and I think, subconsciously, I was getting myself a firefly fix.

Firefly Sky Socks

Firefly Sky Socks Detail


Yarn: Trekking XXL 66
Needles: Knit Picks DPN US1
Pattern: Plain Stockinette w/ beads

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks. When I was little we lived on a lake and my sister and I love to try and catch the fireflys. Sadly there aren't any where we live now.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww I think your socks are just too cute! Love them. :)

2:03 PM  
Blogger holly said...

How freakin' cute are those! I loved catching fireflys on my uncle's farm in Indiana when I was little--we would catch 100's of them and put them in our mayo jars for lanterns! Love the yarn color too.

3:03 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Those are cute. I love fireflies! I have great memories of catching them with my cousins when I was little. I still think they are magical when I see them now.

11:00 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

How cool! I love the socks. And I'm with you, I too think there's something magical about lightning bugs, and I look forward to seeing them each year too. The other night we were eating dinner on our porch and even though it was early and still very light out, I noticed a bunch of them in the shrubs near the ground, blinking away. I was quite entertained!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home