No Harm in Yarn

Can't we all just knit along?

7.28.2007

Score!

You know, people in my neighborhood make fun of me because I pass 3 other grocery stores to shop at Super Fresh. They say it's "too expensive" or "too far" (about 2 miles away, and I'm not walking or riding a bike there, by the way). Well, their stores have awful produce, long lines, and the prices are the same , or higher. It is not worth half a mile less travel time, believe me.
One thing their precious grocery stores don't have is a magical discount book bin that appears randomly throughout the year. So, while buying Pop Tarts and Avocados, I find these.



The Jo Sharp book has at least 4 things I would absolutely wear. The other, Design & Knit the Sweater of Your Dreams, has great information on sweater design and construction. Each book cost only $4.65. I couldn't believe it!
Take that, Shop Rite shoppers!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wOW! fantastic bargain Heather. I love the patterns in that Jo Sharp book - very wearable and generally easy knitting. Score indeed!

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Superfresh. In my case it really is further out but I'm over that way on occasion. I've seen that book bin but I've only ever seen kid's books. Hhhmmmm, must take closer look! Thanks for sharing. And, you are right, SF does have really nice produce!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome score! :)

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home